Our friends and other pics for October 2006

Our Friends

To get good shots of the boys, I always tell them to at least give me one good pic, then I will let them do a goofy shot. So that is why you will see a pleasant and a goofy pic. Jamin and Jesse really enjoy playing with all their friends. Usually we don't see them until the weekends, and we may have anywhere between 5-8 friends, not including the boys in our house during that time. It would be nice if they were all playing with the boys "outside" running around, but they are all enjoying the computer games, gameboys and PS2....ahh..the joys of technology, huh?


In order....the biggest goofball of them all-Jesse, then Peter, Jamin and Miguel.




Jamin and Jesse with brother/sister team: Tyra and Trevor. I think Tyra is just adorable. I told their dad that I think she could model and do well with it. Their dad is an American from Boston, and their mom is Filipina. We have enjoyed being around them. Below is their silly pic. Tyra didn't want to participate with this one. She is all girl;)

===================================

This is Ruthie. She helps out in our ministry with some of our bible studies. She also helps us out each week with watching the boys while Robert and I go out on dates...every Tuesday after school.

=======================================

Kurt Goodwin, Chad Stephenson and Nathan Hill pose with Ruthie and the boys. These guys came here to do a basketball clinic. Filipinos love to play basketball and they love it when these guys come from the states to play with them. As a result of this clinic, we had kids accept Christ and even had those that were watching the clinic ask about starting bible studies in their homes.

Mike Goodwin also came to see us.

Chad and Jamin

Kurt Goodwin plays keep away with Jesse

==========================================


When we went with Robert on a trip, we stayed in a pension house. It's not a hotel, or a motel, but more like boarding rooms. It has everything that a motel would have though. We ordered food to be delivered, and of course the best pics (gag) are those that are taken when someone is about to put food in their mouths;) I am eating pancit canton....noodles. Jess is trying it out also. Below is Jamin (pretending) he is eating fried shrimp. He really doesn't care for it but Jess wanted his time to "play" with the camera, so he posed for the shot.

========================================

Jamin was taking a break at the basketball clinic. I was messing around with the pic and decided to do black/white. I love old black/white pics.

Jamin got to play with all the guys also. He only made it for one of the three days of the clinic because of school, but he enjoyed it. He tried to get the ball away from everyone, instead of just one guy...the guy he was suppose to get from. He doesn't have a pair of tennis shoes that fit him right now (we are working on that), so he wore flip flops. That only lasted for about 5 minutes, and then he had those things kicked off. His feet were so black and dirty from the court (gag gag). But most of all, he had a ball!!!! No pun intended!

======================================



Jess has begged and begged for cotton candy for some time now. We have a place in one of our malls that sells it. Of course, it always looks so good, but you and I both know how good it is for ya. Well, at the clinic, there was a guy riding a bike with a little cotton candy machine attached to it. The cotton candy was only 5 pesos each....equivalent to about 10 cents. I couldn't pass it up....so I gave in and let Jess have some. I am not really sure if he cared for it, but it was his first time to ever try it. I wanted to buy for all the other kids that were watching us buy it, but if I started it, it would cause a riot. I did that once....I bought a couple of kids near a little store some candy. When all the kids not too far away from us saw me giving out candy, then there was a swarm, and practically knocking me down to get it. I learned my lesson;)



======================================


Here is our cat Ellie.....Jamin and Jesse's joy. She's an inside cat, and doesn't really like to be around lots of people, but she loves to curl up on Jesse when he's laying on the couch, or sitting in a chair. We paid a bunch of money to have her fixed before we let her go outside. Needless to say, she's not gone out yet...and the surgery was done last May. We haven't had good luck with letting cats go outside. Our first cat, George, ran away from us the first night we moved to this new house. Our other cat, Jack, stayed around for 2 weeks after we let him stay outside, and then we haven't seen him since. Maybe it's just a guy cat thing, but we don't want to take the chance with Ellie. I can't stand to see Jamin heartbroken again.

0 comments: