VSM trip and scenery shots

Between Facebook, YouTube and our website, the VSM team that came to visit us has been well publicized! But seeing that this blog is mostly pics of the boys, and since they got to hang with the team alot, I shall post the pics again...haha. Sorry for the redundancy. The boys had a great time with the team, and bonded well....or I might say alittle too well. Tears were shed by all the girls at the airport.

Any team that we pick up from the airport is shuffled through our McDonald's. We know how airplane food can be. Some people may like the u.f.o. (unidentifiable food object) that is placed before them in the tiny space provided on your lap in these planes, but for those with weak stomachs, McDonald's seems to help the problem. I would put their taste up with the stateside McDonald's any day!





This was an accidental picture. Someone had my camera taking pictures in the wrong setting. This little girl was all faded/white when I got the cam. So instead of deleting the pic, I doctored it. Kinda looks like a chalked drawing now, don't you think? Ok, maybe not, but I thought she still looked dramatic.





Very rare moments: but here are the boys playing fuseball in our house during some down time....also the girls were playing cards with Jamin.






This pic was meant to be at the bottom with the scenery pics, but it isn't budging. I guess it will have to do right here :) The Philippines has some beautiful tropical flowers!!




The team got to visit the beach resort in Dumaguete that we have gone to over the years. The boys always run to their favorite tree. It was a favorite hanging out spot for the group.















Jamin with his Ate Ruthie....


Jamin and Holly (pic was blurry, so I messed with it also)









I was taking a picture behind me, without watching. Jamin proceeded to get into both pictures. The girls that came was so good to the boys....as if they were their big sisters. I'm ok with big sisters, however I know there will come a time when he doesn't look at girls as 'sister' material. Ah man....I'm not ready for that, haha!






I was so proud of our boys. This was the first real trip that they have been on where they worked hard, instead of running around getting in trouble. They weren't even asked to help. They just jumped on top the scaffold and went to work. It made me nervous to have them up there, natually....but we all survived. Here are the boys helping to wipe down the concrete walls of the church....and then they also got to paint as well.

















The boys and I didn't go on two of the trips (Leyte/Bohol), but when we went with them to Dumaguete and the outreaches in Cebu, the boys stepped up to the plate and got involved. Jamin even gave his testimony (first time). He was so nervous, and ended up getting stage fright in the middle of it, so he didn't want me to post the pic or video of him doing so. I was still proud of him! We will have to work on his communication skills in time, concerning giving his testimony. But we all thought he did great!!!!



At the Dumaguete Academy, Jamin decided to give the big jump rope a try. His daddy also joined in. I didn't know Robert still had it in him;)













More snorkeling pics....Jamin was still having a cough/sniffles, so he hung out with the ladies on the boat.




Jess strumming the air guitar before heading out to snorkel!














The rest of these are scenery shots taken during the trip. Enjoy....





















0 comments: