We finally have an official American restaurant in Cebu...besides KFC, Sbarro, Pizza Hut and McDonald's. We had to take pics for our first visit. It wasn't too bad, but was extremely crowded and noisy. Reminded us why we don't normally go to TGI Fridays in the states. Nonetheless, it's a great memory of the good ol' U.S. of A.
Connie's play-do turkey
Jamin's pilgrim hat
Jamin's play-do face
Ok, so these pics might seem odd. I just got in the mood to take pics in my kitchen.....a small kitchen with not much color, I might add. Below is a must have in the Philippines....rice cooker. No more instant rice for me! We have actually grown fond of Filipino rice....and like it much better than the fluffy rice in the states.
My little 2 burner stove/oven. Cooking big meals can become quite interesting, but cooking in shifts has become common place for us.
Also something else common here is a water dispenser. It is not safe for our family to drink the tap water. One of these 5 gallon container of water cost us p50....about $1 depending on the peso exchange.
Our favorite bread made here in the Philippines
Do you notice something odd in this next picture? Why are the eggs not in the fridge? When you buy eggs in the grocery store or market, you won't find them in the cold section. They are on the shelf like other non-cold items. I thought this weird at first, but was told this is how eggs used to be stored a long time ago. They actually last longer this way.
The only thing I don't like about the eggs here is that they come in the carton 'as is'. You can see in the pics that there are some markings on the eggs....this is actually a cleaner batch. Usually there is chicken poop, etc on the outside of the eggs. Don't worry....I scrub my eggs clean before I use them...these 4 eggs were just about to get a scrubbing.
1 comments:
Thank you for this post. It is so good to see how things are done there.
Merry Christmas!
The Wallaces
Post a Comment