Below are pictures taken of the first day of school for Jamin and Jesse. As I have mentioned in a previous post, we are doing something different. We are using the same curriculum (A Beka), but different format. The boys are watching their class via dvd. We just finished with Day #5, and in my personal opinion, I love it!!! Not that I don't have to do anything, because I am still involved all day with them. My job is more or less that of a teacher's assistant. Jesse is loving school done this way, but Jamin is still leery.
Jamin reading along with a classmate in his 6th grade Reading class.

Some of Jamin's classmates and his teacher, Mr. Howe (whom Jamin really likes). He teaches Bible, History, Science and Math.

Jamin's other teacher, Mrs. Periera, who teaches Art, Language, Spelling, Writing and Reading

Jamin's first spelling list...

Mr. Howe in Bible class

Jamin's school books (or the main ones), not including quiz/tests workbooks.

The guys really surprised me on how well they did on the first day of this new format. It will take some time to get used to everything, and we have had a couple of meltdowns since the first day, but what new student doesn't? This new dvd program is as if the boys were going to a new school, having no friends, and having to figure out their teachers/routines/etc... instead of having dear ol' Mom as a teacher. After their first day was over, I presented the boys with a certificate, along with a reward of going to see a movie at the mall after school (Wall-E).

Here is Jesse watching his 4th grade Reading class with Mrs. Ashworth (full picture of her below this one). He also has another teacher, Miss Meredith, but I failed to get a picture of her. Jesse absolutely loves school (yeah!), and can't wait to start each day.



Jesse's school books (not including tests/quiz/workbooks)

And of course, Jesse gets the same award as Jamin. We had already seen Wall-E once before, but the boys didn't mind. It was a reward, and they earned it;)

I think this was actually taken on Day #2. There is an Art Class provided by A Beka, but this day, we decided to do something ourselves. The boys love to paint, and so I was teaching them a different style of painting: sponge painting (or using anything around the house-not just sponges).
0 comments:
Post a Comment