It's been a couple of years since we have taken the boys to Rock Climbing class. When we arrived, there were new coaches and a whole new climbing wall...much improved wall I might add. I was really curious to see how Jesse would do, since he has grown almost a foot since the last time we did this. He was a trooper, and did more than I truly thought he would.

We give Jamin the nick name of "Spiderman" :)

This is Jesse going up a wall as Jamin was coming down.

The new wall involves a side that is 40 ft. tall. As you can see, Jamin has no problems with it, though I was a nervous wreck.

Before each class, all the students have to do a climb across the wall for about 25 ft of so. Here is Robert giving it a try with Jamin.
Jesse and one of his good buddies here in Cebu, who is taking the same class.
The second day of class, Jesse attempts the 40ft wall. We were surprised he wanted to do this because he has a fear of heights!

We were really proud of Jesse for conquering his fear of heights. Once he got down from the wall, he wanted to try it again.

At the end of class, the kids get the chance to climb up a coconut tree, and then walk across a rope. Don't worry, they are all harnessed in;) Jamin is our little monkey, and was made for this!







0 comments:
Post a Comment