This trip was actually taken on Day #2 of our three day mini-vacation, but I chose to post it last. We have heard about Kawasan Falls for 6 years now and are just now getting to go. It was a beautiful, pleasant day when we arrived. Once we parked our van, we had to take a stroll for about 30 minutes to the first of three falls. It was a nice hike, nothing too strenous......yet....
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
I wish I had the video running when the boys came around the corner to see the first set of falls!
It was breathtaking!
.jpg)
.jpg)
The boys were wanting to go ahead and swim, but we talked ourselves into going up to the 2nd set of falls. Up is not the word for what we did. I, Connie, was not prepared, nor was in shape for all the hiking we did over slippery, mossy rocks, but I bulled up and did it. They should sell shirts at the 2nd falls that says, "I survived the hike to Falls #2!" But then again, if they did have those t-shirts, I'm sure they would only come in Filipino sizes, haha!
Falls #2 was just as beautiful as the first set. We didn't go to falls #3. We heard it was nice, but not swimmable, so we opted out. The pics below are taken from falls #2...
.jpg)
.jpg)
The boys are practically fish and don't really need life jackets, but it was a great thing that they wore them. The water was so cold that it would almost take your breath away. We didn't want them cramping up without the safety of the jacket.
.jpg)
Jamin and Jesse are spitting in their goggles....gross, I know. But it was the only way to keep the goggles from fogging up!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
The boys finally begged Robert enough to go in the water with them. Their goal was to swim to the falls. Needless to say, the pressure of the water prevented them from swimming directly to it! It really wore them out trying though!
.jpg)
.jpg)
They have these 'rentable' huts for you to keep your belongings and eat at if one desires. We desired! The boys were starving after all the kicking and thrashing about to get to the actual waterfall. There was a way to get behind the falls, if one was to swim around to the side, and hug onto the wall of the mountain/cave...
.jpg)
Don't know if you notice, but our boys are in this picture...That is the kind of incline we had to take on the hike from Fall #1 to Fall #2, and back...
.jpg)
Pic taken through the hollow part of a cliff while on the hike.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
We think this is a gecko?
.jpg)
0 comments:
Post a Comment